Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Spooky Twilight Walk

>> Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Hello crafty friends!

I have been having so much fun making backgrounds the last few weeks.  Today's background was made with inspiration from the Splitcoaststampers.com Technique Lovers Challenge.  It was made by dipping stencils in inky water and stamping them on the paper.  I used a circle stencil, a diamond stencil, and a chicken wire stencil.  My ink was a little too wet, but I love how it came out. 

After it was dry, I stamped the Trick or Treaters Last Stop image.  I stamped it several times with my MISTI and then coated the moon with Stickles.  I stamped the Fall Leaf with Acorn and sponged on Vintage Photo ink.  Next I coated in brown and orange water colors.  To add back definition to the lines, I added some Stickles. 

I don't know if I would be scared or thrilled to see a sky like this on Halloween.  Inside I used the Poison Potions Halloween Greeting on another Stenciled background. 

Hope you are having a great week.

Hugz,

Nancy



4 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, you make the best backgrounds! These colors look amazing in your sky. I saw that technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers but had to sub Monday & didn’t have time to try it out. Now I want to try it out! Thanks for the inspiration!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, your sky is gorgeous Nancy!! I really love this card! Your leaf looks totally real too! Fantastic work!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a lovely bg, Nancy! It's almost too pretty for a Halloween card but it works so well w/ the silhouette image. That leaf looks like it just came out of the yard.

Sue said...

Your backgrounds are always incredible Nancy! I've got a picture in my head of my trying something like this and I see inky water spilled everywhere!! I'm amazed by how realistic your fall leaf is!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP