Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Birthday

>> Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Hi Everyone,

This past weekend I celebrated the birthday of one my dearest friends, so I veered off of making fall cards, and made a cheerful birthday card. 

It seems bees are out in full force at the end of summer, I'm always swatting them away from my plate whenever we dine outside...lol. The Happy Bee was my inspiration for this, so I stamped and colored her up, adding glitter to the wings.  

I dry embossed the background and added a strip of paper made using the Splatter Background stamp, along with grey and yellow ink.
 

To fill up the card, I added some die cut flowers and a butterfly, which left me a space for a greeting.  I chose to use the Happy Birthday portion from the Ladybug Birthday Greeting stamp, simply because it fit my punches.

I hope you are enjoying the waning days of summer! 

Thanks so much for visiting :)
Karin



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin,

This is so happy and cheerful and fun - a super cute birthday card for your friend. I know she loved it. GREAT details with the bee, the flowers, the embossing and the splatter bg. Fun. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Karin! I love your colors, your flowers and bg especially! The border is very cool and your bee is so cute too!

Shelia said...

What a fun & happy card this is! Beautiful color combo, great design & sweet images. That die cut butterfly is gorgeous!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Karin! I love the honeycomb embossing on your sunny yellow bg. And the daisies are so pretty.

Sue said...

Cards don't come any happier than this one Karin! Just love the fun set up, happy bee and the yellow and grey background strip!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP