Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

the Beauty of Autumn

>> Monday, August 12, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I did!! Saturday was my birthday and the weather turned cool. It was a beautiful day filled with birthday wishes, yummy cupcakes and dinner at my favorite restaurant where we got to sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather even more. I loved it.  So in honor of both the cooler weather and beautiful cupcakes, my card features fall leaves and is based on this week's challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. DRS Designs is the proud sponsor for this challenge. If you play along, you could be the winner of a $20 coupon to DRS Designs on line store. Nice! Here's the cupcake for inspiration.



The challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations is to use glitter on your card. I don't know about you, but I am horrible with glitter. I get it everywhere - all over my craft table, the room, my clothes, in my coffee and on my poor pup who usually hangs out in the craft room with me while I'm creating. So in light of that, I decided to use glitter embossing powder instead of just straight up glitter. I still managed to get glitter all over the place, but not nearly as much as usual! Anyway, here's my card:



I started with some water color paper, added some TH DO inks, stamped the Open Leaf image with VersaMark ink, and then heat embossed them with the gold glitter EP. These were die cut with a SB circle die and added to the cream panel that was embossed with a SB leaf EF.  This cream panel was added to another cream panel that was embossed with the same gold glitter EP as the leaves. The greeting was stamped and embossed just like the leaves. Here's a close up of the greeting.


I hope you can find some time to join in the challenge this week. And I hope you have better luck with the glitter than I do! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by.

shelia

8 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful fall card. I love the gold embossing! Great colors and bg embossing too!

Wendy Bellino said...

Nice job with the glitter Sheila...EP is the way to go 😆! We're so glad to have DRS as our sponsor at Cupcake Inspirations and I had fun creating with a DRS image. Cute stuff you guys have in the shop! Wendy DT

Karin said...

This is so pretty and I love the soft colors and glitter!

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun card, Sheila. I like how you did this will very little mess and the colors are so great! Super cute card for that challenge. Hugz

nwilliams6 said...

Happy Birthday too! Sounds like it was wonderful and fun. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty in these colors, Shelia! I love the embossed bg & gold embossing on the leaves & greeting. Happy Birthday!

Sue said...

So pretty Shelia! Beautiful colors and nice clean neat glitter ;)
So glad you had a wonderful weekend for your birthday - I hope you lived it up!!

Karen Letchworth said...

I was the lucky winner of this challenge. I am delighted to get to pick out some new DRS Designs.
Thanks so much for sponsoring!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP