Blog Widget by LinkWithin

So Ready for Fall

>> Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Hello friends.  I am so ready for Fall!  The heat index here in Alabama has been well over a hundred this week and the humidity is running in the 90% range.

Since I can't have Fall weather, I have a Fall card.  I apologize for the picture but I had to take in the dark - lol. It is  fast, CAS card too.

I swiped some inks on some aluminum foil and misted them with water.  I dipped my paper in the ink and hit with the heat gun.  I think stamped the Long Tall Wheat stalks (several times) and the  Goodbye Summer Hello Fall Greeting.  Next I stamped an Open Leaf on the leftover paper and added a bit of glitter.  I have more leaves inside.

I used this week's Cupcake Inspiration colors for my inspiration on the card - the colors on my leaf are a bit darker but I wanted to get that deep Fall red in it.  The challenge is to add glitter so now you know why my leaf is glittery (or we can just say it is some frost or the sun.... DRS Designs is sponsoring the Cupcake challenge this week (#476) so be sure to check it out (you can win a DRS Designs Gift Card).


Hope you are staying cool (or warm if you are somewhere cold).

Many hugz!

Nancy


7 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

How pretty Nancy! The background looks like the perfect fall afternoon and the glittery leaf is perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for sponsoring our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Nancy! I love the colors of your bg w/ the wheat stalks at the bottom. I am SO ready for fall!

Sue said...

So, so pretty Nancy! Your background is amazing with all the different colors and I LOVE the sparkly leaf!!

Shelia said...

Beautiful card Nancy. Your background is perfect for a fall card! The glittery leaf really shines! 😊

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh beautiful Nancy!! LOVE your bg with the pinky color!

Karin said...

Stunning colors on this fall scene! Perfect sentiment too!

Quillish said...

Such a beautiful card, that glittery leaf is a prefect addition and paired up with a lovely sentiment! Summer is over.. oh no! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP