Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Snail Mail

>> Monday, August 19, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get inky! My card today was inspired by a painted jar I saw on the Splitcoast Stampers Inspiration Challenge Saturday and I decided to use this week's sketch for my card layout. It's a cute sketch.


I started by stamping the Script background with Stazon Dove Gray ink, die cutting the panel with a Fawn Lawn rectangle die.  The main image was stamped with Memento Black ink onto white CS, colored with Copics, die cut with a SB circle die and added to the background panel. Next the banner and circle were die cut with SB dies and glued into place. The sunflowers were created using a flower punch I've had in my stash forever. I bought in Germany when we lived there and have no idea what brand it is. It makes a cute little flower. I added some black dots to the centers with a gel pen. The leaves were die cut with a small leaf die from SB. Once everything was attached to the script panel, some fun foam was glued to the back and then onto the gray card base for some dimension. Some Nuvo drops were added to the tiny stamped flower and some blue Distress Ink sponged on for the sky.

I enjoy sending and receiving cards via snail mail, don't you? I just have to decide who to send this one to.

There's still time to join in the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge that DRS Designs is sponsoring. The challenge is to use glitter on your card. And the prize is a $20 gift voucher to DRS Designs on line store. You can see details for the challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Karin said...

That really is one of my favorite stamps, and I love how you colored it up! Great layout and those little flowers really add to the cheerful vibe!

Robin Clendenning said...

Super cute Shelia! Love how you used the sketch!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the lighter color on the script font - I need to try that. Super cute card, sketch, and images, Sheila. A super sweet card. Hugz

Sue said...

So cute Shelia! Love the wording background combined with the very cute mailbox scene!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Shelia! I love the lighter text on the bg w/ the big circle & mailbox. the little sunflowers are so pretty.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP