Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Rainbow Birthday

>> Friday, August 9, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's been a little crazy around here & I'm still having some vision issues so that's always fun. NOT! This is probably one of the quickest cards I've made in a while. I was looking thru this week's Dare to Get Dirty Challenges on Splitcoast & found a few I could do just w/ this one card. The bg & white frame were already made & had been hanging around in my stash for quite awhile. If I remember correctly, I brayered the inside of the embossing folder w/ a rainbow ink pad then embossed it. Looks pretty cool in the rainbow of colors. 
Party Pig is the only thing I had to do. Just colored & cut him out. His hat was the only thing that didn't come out right. Let's just say...beware of Copics w/ the wrong caps on them. People who have watched me color have asked why I'm so quick to put the caps back on when I'm using them. This is why. If I leave the caps off, I seem to always get them mixed up. Oh well! 

Here's the inside & the Copics I used. (The green one was the culprit! Bad marker, bad marker!)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs:  Party Pig (inside: Sweet BirthdayGo Hog Wild)
paper: Staples 110# white, black
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor spectrum 
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, Copic markers, sequins, Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder





4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Awesome happy colors on this Julie! Love the letterpress look of your embossing! Leonard is so so cute! Love the coloring on him (as always!!)

Sue said...

This card is exactly what it says it is Julie...Happy! Would almost be worth getting older to receive this bright and cheerful card! I can't quite figure out what the green marker did wrong though...I think his green party hat is perfect! And if I followed correctly, you stamped and fussy cut one image, cleaned up your stash by 2 pieces and created a fantastic card that fits several SCS challenges...all with one eye? You are indeed the queen!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great birthday card, Julie. Love the fun rainbow colors and the pig! The hat looks fabulous just like every other part of the card. Hope your vision improves soon. Wonderfully done. Hugz

Karin said...

Love the happy rainbow colors and Leonard looks great in the hat!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP