Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Unusual Wreaths

>> Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I love wreath cards, and today I have some unusual ones!

My first one is a beach themed wreath featuring the new 4 in 1 Fashion Accessories and the new 4 in 1 Ocean Designs. The wreath was made with kraft paper and foliage dies from the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens Thinlet set. After I arranged all the die cuts into a wreath, I splattered on some white acrylic paint - looks more coastal that way.  To get my wreath embellishments, I stamped the bag from the fashion accessories and the sailboat from the ocean designs, colored them up with some water colors, and then fussy cut them.  I also used Splash the Dolphin and the Splish Splash greeting stamp.

The next card is a graduation card I made and the promptly lost.  I found it this weekend when I was cleaning out my craft room.  I stamped the Grad Hat Hooray! background stamp several times and then fussy cut a bunch of them out to make the wreath.  Next, I made the background panel using the wrinkle free distress technique.  The black spots were an experiment - I added some Versafine Black Onyx reinker on the foil as well.  It did not mix with the water and produced this spotted bg.  I like how it looks with hats - kind of gives and impressionistic flying hat look.  The greetings is the Hats Off Graduation Greeting, but I fussy cut it so it looks like two stamps. 
I really enjoyed making both of these cards, but I totally love to fussy cut an image.  

Hope your week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Karin said...

I'm still always surprised by what you can use to make wreaths on your cards...These are amazing! The first card looks like a wreath I would like to hang on the front door of my beach house! (If I had a beach house...lol.) The details are incredible! And the graduation card has a beautiful background and the banner/sentiment placement is so cool!

Shelia said...

Fabulous wreath cards, Nancy! Love the dolphin peeking through the first wreath, so cute! I cannot believe you fussy cut all those tiny grad caps for the wreath on the second one! Wow! It is a darling card! Great background too!

Robin Clendenning said...

I dub you fussy cut queen!
Wow Nancy, both wreaths took a lot of time, you are amazing! Love that cute dolphin jumping out of the first one and the second graduation hat wreath, wow, that is a LOT of hats!!!! Both cards are so cute!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! I love the beachy summer colors & terrific wreath designs. I love a good fussy cut but cutting all those little hats is outrageous! Awesome results!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP