Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Patriotic Pig

>> Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I've used many of the new recently released stamps on this first card today.  Patriotic cards always mean summer time to me, so I hope this little card wills mother nature to send me some sunshine...It's been grim and wet in these here parts :(

I knew when I received the new Made in the USA Circle stamp, that I wanted to do more than just use it on the back of a card.  I thought Leonard the Pig Billboard would be the perfect vehicle to show it off, so I stamped, colored and fussy cut him out, piecing on hat from the 4 in 1 Fashion Accessories stamp.

I colored and fussy cut the Patriotic Heart, covering it in some white, sugary glitter.  I layered it and the pig onto a die cut and embossed rectangle, adding a patriotic star for embellishment.


Using the Stars and Stripes Border, I stamped it onto the background and added a blue strip of cardstock that I dry embossed with stars.  For the sentiment, I stamped and cut apart the 
God Bless America, and adhered everything onto a Kraft colored base.


After being inspired by my teammates fabulous fishy cards over the past couple of weeks, I'm finally  adding mine to the blog. 

I began by stamping a blue background using the Bubbles stamp, and I stamped some strands of seaweed using the Four Flower Background stamp.  I made the sandy bottom by stamping with the 
Splatter Background stamp, and then tore the edges before adding it to the card.



I stamped, colored and fussy cut the creatures, adding some punched branches for seaweed and the Splish Splash Greeting, minus the water droplets. 

Here are the rest of the stamps used on this card:

To finish my card, I glued on some sequins to my ocean floor for a bit of shine. 

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Karin

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful cards, Karin. Great details on the patriotic one. Leonard looks great holding the made in the USA image. I love your fishy card! You have just the right amount of creatures, seashells & greenery! It's my favorite of all the fishy cards yet!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are wonderful! The patriotic pig is sooooo fun and works so well with the heart. The ocean card is great too with all those fun details and your perfect bgs! Very creative thinking and wonderful designing. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, I love your underwater scene!!!! I have to do that soon. I love the bubbles for a background and the torn paper layers for underwater sand!! Totally so cool!
Patriotic piggy card is cute too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Karin! I love your patriotic card w/ Leonard & all the sparkly glitter.YOur underwater card is fabulous! Love the sequins (or should I say seaquins?) on the bottom. Really fun cards.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP