Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Under The Weather

>> Thursday, May 16, 2019

Good morning!
Here is a bit of the dramatic for a get well card.  Your favorite horse/western 
lover will love it.
Best tip (do as I say not as I do, LOL!) Use a piece of paper under your hand while sponging on layers of color or you may end up with ink where you don't want it like I did!!
I stamped the lightening using a soft gray and used Black for the cowboys
using my Misti to get a very black black silhouette.
I finished the ground using torn masking tape to match the stamp ground
and sponged with black (I think you could also use a black marker
to do this step).
DRS stamps used: Lightening Bolt, and Cowboy Silhouette
After sponging on colors (Milled Lavender, Wilted Wisteria, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Black, Marmelade, Lemonade and Picked Raspberries [using a torn piece of paper towel to edge clouds]), I used a white gel pen to fill in the Lightening Bolt.

 The inside has the Under The Weather sentiment and Horse Silhouette (I used my Misti again for the horse).  I then used an embossing folder with a bit of yellow brayered on then misted.  I did not run it through the cutting machine as I did not want the impression on the horse so I used my heavy hammer on just the parts of the folder that I wanted to show the impression of sun rays.


Hope you like this card to make for your friends and family.
Thanks for visiting today!
Woohoo, I almost forgot, today is my birthday!!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, this is sooooo great! I love that dramatic sky and the cowboys - I know I will case this one! GREAT idea and WONDERFUL card. Hugz

Karin said...

Holy COWboy! This is amazing! The colors of your sky are stunning and the lightning is perfection, Love those silhouette images and the whole theme of this gorgeous card! Masterpiece!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely stunning card Robin! Your stormy background is incredible! I just LOVE the dramatic colors offset by the black edging and cowboys!! Awesome job on the inside too - definitely sends a message that things will get better!

Sue said...

What an absolutely stunning card Robin! Your stormy background is incredible! I just LOVE the dramatic colors offset by the black edging and cowboys!! Awesome job on the inside too - definitely sends a message that things will get better!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Love this, Robin! Your scene is so dramatic! those cowboys better hoof it back in a hurry, lol.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP