Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Lightning Up!

>> Friday, May 17, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had pretty wonderful weather here this week. Nights in the mid forties, days in the mid seventies. Sigh..I wish it would stay that way all summer. But I'm sure it won't. And I'm sure we'll even have some summer thunderstorms...kind of like our little Miss Froggie here.  She's thinking of her sweetie. Never mind she's about to be struck by lightning! 
My card is pretty simple. I stamped the lightning bolt then used a clear glaze pen to fill it in. I figured out quite a while ago that it will resist sponging w/ Distress inks. So after I sponged on the stormy sky colors, they wiped right off my lightning bolt. I masked the ground & sponged it then added some raindrops. I also flicked some water on the bg & blotted it w/ a paper towel to add to the rain look. Miss Froggie was colored w/ Copics & fussy cut. 

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 
Supplies:

paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks stormy sky, chipped sapphire, London fog
accessories: RubberneckerRectangle Stitch dies,  Copic markers, Glaze pen




6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome coloring, shading, and detail on this outstanding card,Julie. What a fabulous creation! Love that sweet frog, the wonderful shadowing and ground you created and the whole card. Hugz and wishing you a great day too!

Alpha Hytech Pte Ltd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin Clendenning said...

Too cute Julie!! I love the way you color that Miss frog, you always make her jump off the page!

Sue said...

What a fun card Julie! Mrs. Frog doesn't seem bothered by the rain at all :) Wonderful rain background that really lets the frog stand out! Love how you have the greeting on the ground line!

Shelia said...

Wow Julie, this is awesome! Your background is amazing, it looks so real! Great coloring & details on this. Love it!

Karin said...

Gosh, that froggy is just too cute! The coloring on her is amazing and your sky is gorgeous! Beautiful card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP