Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

You are The Sparkle In My Eyes!

>> Thursday, January 24, 2019

 Good Morning!
Whoa, it is so cold this morning!!!!  My car doors were frozen shut
and I could barely open my door to get it warmed up!
This Valentine might be a cold one so, what's the best way
to get your body going?...why, get out there and dance of course!
This couple is at the town Valentine's Day dance and
they don't feel cold at all!
Look how much fun they're having!
Well, having a heart full of love helps too!

This is an easel card I made so that I could have the "rest of the story" inside the card.  I love what this says, it makes the perfect Valentine's card for my honey.  I used DRS stamps: Western Dancing Couple, The floor, One Line Valentine, You are The Sparkle In My Eyes!, and Heart Drops.  Coloring done with Copic Markers, jeans-B91, B93, B95, shirts-R21, R24, R29, hat and boots-C1,C3,C5,C7 and the floor-E53,E33, E35, E39


My next card has a western theme as well.  I don't know if you said things like this in grade school/junior high but we did, "I'm stuck on you" was a common fun Valentine phrase. 
So I changed DRS stamp: Hooked On You to read "Stuck" On You to go with the pokey cactus.
I made the stuck red and popped it up so it really stands out.
The othe DRS stamps used for this Valentine: Cowboy Cactus and One Line Valentine
I happened to have some red heart shaped pearls as well and they make this card complete (well, any red embellishment would).  I followed a sketch from SCS for this card. 


So, this is just another way to use your western themed stamps, fun eh? 
I know I had a load of fun doing these cards!!
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Brilliant Valentine's Day cards, Robin. I adore your dancing couple - such a cute dance scene and wonderful coloring. I love easel cards but totally forget about them. The stuck on you card is such a super adjustment to that sentiment stamp. The cactus makes a wonderful but unexpected valentine. These are so well done and VERY fun! Hugz

Shelia said...

So clever to use the western images for Valentines! Super cute & your coloring skills are amazing! Stay warm!

Sue said...

These 2 cards are just plain, downright fun! Love the dancing couple with the beaded hearts, but it's your "stuck" on you cactus that really had my jaw drop! Who knew you could use a cactus for Valentine's Day???

Karin said...

Ack! Are you kidding me?! These Valentines are just spectacular! Your dancing scene is just amazing and the falling hearts look just like decorations you might see at a Valentine's day dance. And the cactus with the modified sentiment is beyond genius! Love the sketch and those cute heart embellishments!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are super, Robin! Your western dancing Valentine pair are terrific.Love the curtain of strung heart all around. And I love your cactus! I kept thinking, I need a stuck on you for that cactus & here it is. GMTA & I know I'll be using that one.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP