Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Valentine Wishes

>> Friday, January 18, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's about time to get ready for the next big occasion..Valentine's Day! The card companies & flower & candy companies basically made up this occasion to sell stuff. Boy have we circumvented that. We make our own! So we traded Hallmark pre-made for rubber stamps. I think that's awesome! Now if I could only figure out a way to duplicate Russell Stover's chocolate covered marshmallows, I'd be set. Those are my absolute fave. 

So here is my NOT a Hallmark, super easy Valentine card. Apparently I made it & forgot to ever post it, so here it is. 
My CAS card was really just that. I had the embossed bg in my stash (it is a Belleek technique).  On the bg, I used the Distress ink to ink the folder before embossing it & I used the oxide ink on the greeting. I added a larger lilac layer & a sheer bow & done! 

Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, lilac
ink: Distress ink shaded lilac, Distress oxide ink shaded lilac
accessories:   Misti, sheer ribbon, Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron set embossing folder, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B, circles & scallop circles dies



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is so elegant and such a lovely color! Love the ribbon too. A wonderful way to showcase these images and greetings - CAS perfection for sure. Thanks for the inspiration. I may send out a bunch of Valentines.

I have never tried those chocolate covered marshmallows - I need to to check them out.

Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh wow!! This is so beautiful Julie! Wow!!! Love the letter press bg and the colors so soft and feminine! Beautiful!!!

Shelia said...

What a gorgeous card, Julie. The embossed background looks amazing in the soft lilac color! Love this!

Sue said...

Beautiful Julie, absolutely beautiful! I think I could easily make 30 of these and not get bored watching the white paper come alive! Love that you kept the rest of the card so simple - definitely all it needed! Just wish I could make as pretty a bow as you do :)

Karin said...

So pretty inside and out! I love the color and the embossing is just beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP