Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Super Sneak Peek!

>> Saturday, January 19, 2019

Welcome!

Are you a rule follower or a rule breaker?  I'm almost totally a follower so breaking the rules normally has me all a quiver, but I just had too today! 

Here's the scoop... we've got some new images coming out soon and we're not supposed to show them to you until the end of the month.  However...I just can't wait!  Mainly because I've been sitting on this background idea for over ten years and now that I've actually made it and it came out better than expected I just have to show it to you and it goes perfectly with some of our new images!



About 10-12 years ago we came out with our Versatile Background image.


It didn't take me long to think that it should be perfect for making paper white birch trees (one of my favorite trees :) I do remember playing with it then and once again a couple of years ago, but it just never went together as I had planned.  So I finally figured out the trick - to cut out strips of paper trees first (use scissors and add some bumps), stamp the Versatile Background along the sides and then edge the sides with black ink.  I also added a bit of grey sponging very lightly to tone down the bright white.

Once I had my trees attached to my brown background I stamped our soon to be released Tree Slice of Life and Sleeping Gnome images on scrap and colored, fussy cut and attached them to the center.  After stamping and layering our Wonderful Day Gnome greeting I thought they looked a bit lost so I stamped, colored and fussy cut the leaves from our Dogwood Branch and the Flowers from our 4 in 1 Harvest Designs and attached them to the greeting.

These 3 images and several more will be released February 2nd but you can get started on your birch trees much sooner ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

wow you did a SUPER job on those birch trees!!!! I thought they were their own stamp at first! I need that versatile bg! This card is so cute!! So fun with the gnome and mushrooms!! You gave me a good idea too (hope I can keep it in my brain now! LOL!!).
Fantastic card Sue!

Shelia said...

What a fun card, Sue. Those birch trees look amazing!

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, this is sooooo fun! Love your trees and you are so right about that versatile bg stamp working perfectly on them. Adorable gnome and mushroom and awesome tree ring really go perfectly with the sentiment! I can't wait to play with the new images!!! Great card. Hugz

Karin said...

This background is crazy cool! It looks just real bark and the wood circle behind the cute gnome is awesome! I love how you divided up the sentiment too :) Cute card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Very cool, Sue! Love the tree ring & the birch bark bg is absolutely perfect. What a great use for that image! I know I'll be borrowing that one.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP