Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Spinning Heart

>> Monday, January 21, 2019

This week I created my very first spinner card. I have no idea why I've never done this before. It's super easy and so cute and fun for the recipient. So here it is:


I started by stamping the Filigree heart image twice onto red CS with VersaMark ink, heat embossed it with white EP and fussy cut the hearts. The string was added with double sided tape and Nuvo white glue. While the glue dried, I worked on the card front.

I used some washi tape to hold the red panel onto the white card base so I could die cut the circle out of both and ensure they would match up perfectly. Next I stamped and embossed the Happy Anniversary greeting with the same white EP and then embossed the red panel with a new CB heart embossing folder. I added a white circle frame around the window to give it a more finished look. The spinner part was taped onto the white card base before attaching the red panel.

The ribbon was added at the last minute to cover up a tear in the red panel from the washi tape. I couldn't believe the tape tore the paper, but the ribbon hides it nicely.

This card was created for my parents who will be celebrating their 68th anniversary on Valentine's day. I think they'll get a kick out of the spinner part.

DRS Designs is sponsoring this week's challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.
The challenge is embossing, either heat or dry There's still time to play. You could be the winner of a 20% off coupon to DRS Designs. We'd love to see what you can do with embossing.

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

68 years!!!! Wow - that is so remarkable, Sheila. This is a gorgeous card to give them. Love the spinning and ornate heart - so pretty!!! Happy Anniversary to them! Hugz

Sue said...

What an awesome card Shelia! The heart is perfect for the spinning part and the ribbon is perfect - even if it was an add-on ;) Congrats to your parents - 68 years is amazing!!

Robin Clendenning said...

What a beautiful card Shelia! So elegant and classic looking! 68 years is incredible!! I also just heard this Sunday at church that a couple in our church is celebrating 71 years...unbelievable!! I haven't even lived to 68 let alone 71 yet!! I can't even imagine being married that long! I'm hoping I'll live long enough for 50!!Beautiful card!

Karin said...

The spinning heart is just beautiful! I've never made one before either, but what a great idea for a special card. I love the white embossing and congrats to your parents! I'm sure they will love it!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so beautiful & so elegant, Shelia! And such great idea for the heart to be a spinner. Happy Anniversary to your parents!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP