Blog Widget by LinkWithin

It Must Still be Christmas!

>> Friday, January 4, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well & you had a Happy New Year! This must be the Christmas that never ends! But I'll tell you, I love Christmas cards anytime of the year. In fact I'm on the Splitcoast Fan Club Christmas Challenge (you'll need to be a fan club member to see it) & each month on the 1st, we have a new Christmas card challenge. Great way to have a little fun & get your Christmas cards finished before the Christmas time crunch. One thing I wish would end around here is the RAIN. At least for a while. Turns out 2018 was the 2nd wettest on record here. We had close to 78" of rain last year! That's almost double what Seattle had. And it's still raining as I speak.
For my first card, I kept it a little simple, since it took me awhile to color & fussy cut it. Metals are kind of tough to color but I'm pretty happy w/ this brass door knocker. I stamped the Woodgrain Bg w/ green ink onto the green background & added a red frame. The white was embossed w/ woodgrain folder.
 
Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, X-Press It, red, green
ink: Memento tuxedo black, cottage ivy
accessories:  Copic markers, Misti, stitched rectangle & stitched rectangle frame dies, woodgrain embossing folder 

My second card was made for the Challenge I told you about. 
On this card, I stamped the igloo & North Pole sign & colored them in. The greeting & some icicles were added then I added a green frame & the fussy cut penguin on the outside. A few glitter snowflakes were added for a little sparkle.
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & a Happy New Year!
Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, X-Press It, white glitter. green
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories:  Copic markers,  Stitched Rectangle, Stitched Oval frame dies, Misti, snowflake punch




5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Doing Christmas cards all year through is the way to go - I have got to start doing that challenge. These two cards are awesome, Julie! I love the way you colored up that door knocker - you got the shading perfect. Wow. The penguins and igloo are delightful with all your extra additions and great coloring. Super fun. Great cards and inspiration. Hugz

Shelia said...

I agree, doing Christmas cards all year long is the way to go! I used to do that but for some reason couldn't keep up with it this past year. Hoping to do better this year!

These cards are awesome Julie! Your coloring & shading are perfect. Fabulous design & details!

Sue said...

What a beautiful door knocker Julie! Your coloring is phenomenal! Love the layout too with the green wood grain and the bright red frame! Your penguin card is just adorable! I can't believe how many images you were able to incorporate in one scene! Your shading on the igloo and snow is most impressive!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Your door knocker is beautiful and those penguin are too adorable! Love how you put everything together to make that little scene! Such a great card

Karin said...

Gosh, that door knocker is just stunning! I love the vibrant colors....And the penguins are super cute! Your coloring just brings the scene to life :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP