Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Birds and Birthdays

>> Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Hi Everyone,

My sister in law and her husband have birthdays a few days apart, so I made them matching cards for the celebration.  Tony is a bird lover, so I'm always on the hunt for a bird stamp I haven't used for him before, and it's a good thing too; he said he's saved all of them throughout the years! I'm not 100% convinced that's true, but both of these bird stamps were new to both of them :)

I took inspiration from last weeks card for these, using an embossing folder with flourishes and birds on it, and the original sentiment ends with the word, "sweet".  I just swapped it out for "tweet", to match the bird theme.

Here are the stamps used:
Bird Feeder
Sweet Birthday Greeting
Extra Tweet Birthday Greeting



And here is the inside and the stamps used:



My sister in law's card is virtually the same; except I made it a little girly using glitter on the snow and a ribbon.  

Here are the stamps used:



And the inside stamps:



At the last minute, I realized I didn't have a birthday gift bag (just lots of those Christmas ones!), so I took a plain navy bag with white trim and jazzed it up with a row of gems, some die cuts and the big Brush Happy Birthday Greeting.  Hurray! DRS Designs to the rescue!


I literally took the photo after putting it together before running out the door to the party, but I think everyone was more impressed by the bag, than what was in it...lol :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Karin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, two beautiful card for sure. Lovely sketches, embossing and coloring to go with the great images and sentiments. The extra touches on your SILs card make it really special. Great cards that have similarities but look completely different. That gift bag was a great idea and looks fabulous!!!! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

they are both so cute! Love the first one with the way you used the sentiment! Love them both for fun birthday cards and your gift bag is great with the happy birthday on it!

Shelia said...

Wow Karin, these birdie birthday cards are lovely. Great design & coloring. I really like how you colored up the birds! Your gift bag is beautiful too! Your relatives will love these cards!

Sue said...

How FUN are these???? Your cards are both awesome - inside and out! You do such an awesome job coloring that bird feeder and I LOVE how you changed up the greeting! Excellent job decorating your gift bag - you've got me thinking I should invest in more plain bags and customizing them for each occasion!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Karin! I love your birdhouses.The colors & coloring are wonderful & the embossing on the bgs is beautiful. Love the mix-matched greetings, too.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP