Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Seas and Greetings!

>> Monday, December 17, 2018


Happy Monday! Can you believe Christmas is only a week away!! It has really snuck up on me this year. It's a good thing DRS Designs has some cool new Christmas images. They have really helped me get my last minute Christmas cards completed.

Today's card features the new Seashell Christmas Tree and matching greeting. The tree looks so pretty and is super easy to use. I stamped it with Memento Black ink onto white CS, colored the shells with Copic markers and then die cut the panel and layered it on some matching CS. The greeting was stamped, die cut and layered as well. The background was created for a Technique challenge on Splitcoast Stampers a couple of weeks ago. I used crumpled up saran wrap, dipped in various TH Distress Oxide inks and stamped it onto the white panel. It created a very soft and delicate looking background, which I love!

This next card uses the same two images, but this time I stamped them onto cream CS with Gold ink, heat embossed with Gold EP and colored in the shells with some TH Distress inks. I got the idea to stamp the image and greeting with gold from fellow designer, Julie.  You can see her gorgeous card, Here.


I die cut some shells from CS and added one to the greeting. The rest are inside the card. Don't know why I didn't take a picture of the inside to share with you. Oh well, the card is in the mail on its way to my cousin who absolutely loves the beach. I know she will appreciate this card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

shelia


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, I like that you did different color variations of the same card. They are super lovely! Love the tiny pink shell on the second sentiment. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

2 beautiful seashell cards Shelia! I love the 2 different color combos! Beautiful!!

Karin said...

The soft colors are just lovely on these seashell trees! I especially like the gold embossed one!

Sue said...

These are both gorgeous Shelia! I just can't decide if I like the seashell tree better in black or gold - great thing is, I don't have too! Your background on the first card is beautiful! Those soft colors are perfect with the seashells and I love the scalloped from on the second! Beautiful!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Shelia! Your colored seashell tree is so pretty & I love the gold embossed tree. Such pretty layering & colors.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP