Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Seas and Greetings

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I really got my sparkle on, so I thought what better time than the holidays to glitter up some cards :)  

Blue and white are always a nautical color combo, so I began by stamping my navy background with the Splatter Background stamp. After stamping with white ink, I took a sponge and just smeared and softened the spots so that they wouldn't look so defined.  I placed an embossed seashell strip along the bottom and lined the sides with double sided tape and glitter.  


I then stamped and heat embossed the Seashell Christmas Tree and the new Seas and Greetings sentiment, fussy cutting the tree and die cutting the greeting.  

I die cut and added some glitter embellished mats for my greeting and then assembled the card, finishing it off with a gemstone flourish from my stash.

While we don't have any glittery sand where I live, we do have lots of the glittery white stuff...(I'd take the sand and shells any day!) 

Here's hoping your season is shaping up to be swell!
Karin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, a great way to use all these stamps. I love the navy and white colors and how frosty and fresh everything looks. FABULOUS ideas!!!!! Hugz

Sue said...

You have totally nailed the nautical look with this wonderful card Karin! Excellent job die cutting the seashell tree and the swirling bling is the perfect finishing touch!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, I love the all blue, silver and white!Love the rhinestone flourish too! Beautiful!

Shelia said...

Love the nautical look on this beautiful card. The color combo is perfect. That rhinestone bling makes a great finishing touch!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Karin! I love the navy & white w/ the silver glitter. The added bling really takes it up a notch. We've a little of the white stuff...a little of the icy stuff... & a TON of the wet stuff! When it's just above freezing & rainy, that's the worst!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP