Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Fixin' Christmas

>> Saturday, December 15, 2018

Welcome!

Are you ready?  huh, huh?  Are you ready?  Me personally?  Not even close :)  Didn't stop me from sitting down and making a couple of cards though!



For my first card I stamped our Snow Tree with Fence on white card stock using black ink.  The horizon line didn't go quite as far as I wanted so I added to the line on the right side with an extra fine black marker then colored the fence and sponged on the sky and snow.  I stamped our Cowboy Line Dancer on scrap and colored him with a combo of markers and watercolor pencils, fussy cut him and attached him leaning on the fence post.  I added our new Fixin' Christmas greeting using green ink and layered it on green card stock and a folded red card.  

For my 2nd card I have to explain where my head was at...  I'm a sitcom fan and have been recently re-watching an old favorite, Home Improvement.  This card is my salute to Tool Time.


I started by imagining Tim the Tool Man Taylor sitting down to stamp a card and somehow it kind of turned into how few of my stamping tools could I use to make a card.  Turns out it's 5 - as least for this card.  Paper, stamps, ink pad, markers and duct tape.

I stamped our new Tool Stocking and colored it with markers.  Next I stamped our new Fixin' Christmas greeting and tore the paper instead of cutting for both images and my backgrounds as well.  Channeling Tim Taylor again I added several smudges and fingerprints and then attached my backgrounds to my folded green card using duct tape and rolled up some more duct tape for the back of the greeting and stocking to attach those as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh my gosh, Sue, these are fantastic cards! Love your salute to "Tool Time." That was my favorite show! Still watch it on DVD sometimes. You have captured the essence of Tim, the Tool Man completely. Love it. Pairing the new greeting with the cowboy image is genius! Your scene is so cute with him leaning on the fence post. These are both awesome cards!!

nwilliams6 said...

These are super fun, Sue!!!! What a great combination of images on the first (gives me tons of ideas) and the second is so darn creative and wonderfully appropriate for tool guys! Love these cards!!!!! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

So so cute! I love the cowboy Merry Christmas card! I never thought of putting him with that sentiment but he goes perfectly!!
Love the duct tape on your stocking card too!

Karin said...

Super creative cards Sue! I love the sentiment on the first and the duct tape is just genius! So fun :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so cute, Sue! When I first saw the Fixin' greeting, I thought it was for me...everyone knows Texans are "fixin' to do" everything. Can't tell you how many times a day I say that. Love your cowboy card & the stocking card w/ the added duct tape.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP