Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Thanksgiving Cards

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Hi Everyone,

With it being Thanksgiving week, I have two cards that are holiday related, but on the simpler side.  If you're in a time crunch, these are for you ;)

An embossing folder, circle punches, and a die are what I used to highlight the darling little leaf image from the 4 in 1 Harvest Designs stamp.

I colored up the leaves and used a 1 3/4"circle punch to cut them out.  After embossing my background, I used the 1 1/4" punch to create the openings and glued the leaves behind them.  I then used the same size punches to create the little frames for each one, and added a simple die cut greeting to finish the card.  


For my second card, I stamped, colored and die cut the Pumpkin Thanksgiving Wishes greeting. I wasn't in the mood to do any lengthy coloring project, so I grabbed some washi tape and masked off a few strips on my background cardstock.  I then used some orange and yellow ink, and sponged the exposed areas.  After removing the tape, I stamped the Pumpkin Pile in brown ink and added a strip of glitter. 

I finished it off by adding the sentiment using some dimensional tape and a row of matching gems.  

Here's wishing you a happy holiday this week...I sure am grateful you took the time to visit the blog today!

Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Such great Thanksgiving cards, Karin. I really like the striped bg on the second one - such a great look. The first one has awesome embossing and a really fun sketch with those little leaves. Wonderfully done!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so pretty, Karin! I love your little circles w/ the autumn leaves inside. The embossed bg looks fabulous. And your masked & sponged card is beautiful. Love those colors together.

Sue said...

Karin, your Grateful Leaf card is AMAZING! I love the simplicity of you setup combined with the texture of the embossing and the beautiful colors!

Robin Clendenning said...

These are such cute Thanksgiving cards Karin! Love the green and pumpkin colors to the second one and the first one has a pretty embossed bg and love the circles!

Shelia said...

What pretty ca de, Karin. I like the little circle windows with the tiny leaves. Beautiful design & color combo on the second one. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP