Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Reaper

>> Thursday, October 4, 2018

Good morning!
My first card is a  ghostly reaper graveyard long forgotten.
Have you ever come across a very old graveyard that looked
forgotten, unkept and falling apart?  I have.
Back east there are far more small graveyards that are VERY old.
I love to come across such and spend time reading the stones in it, 
the dates and sometimes reason for death along with a tid bit 
about the person buried there.  They don't scare me but then 
again...I have never seen a real ghost so... who knows!
I also used a bat from Spellbinders cut from black shimmer paper.
The background is sponged with distress inks.



My next card is using DRS stamps: Expect The Unexpected and 
I used the large tree/bird die by Spellbinders and sponged some white
on it to seem like fog and to show some of the tree trunk detail.
I think that bird maybe in trouble from the "hand" that is sneaking up on it.
Poor bird, the hand is silent as the grave in his attack! Eeek!


The background was again sponged with Oxide inks, they have a very creamy
consistency and go on very smoothly.  They also stay wet longer
so that you can go back and forth with the colors to blend better because
they are a mix of pigment ink and dye ink.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, Robin, the colors on these are awesome. I need to get some more distress oxides! Great scenes, but I especially love the first one with that great cemetery and floating grim reaper. I like graveyards as a fun Halloween decoration, but they are spooky. They spook me more from the what/who is hiding behind the grave stone or what happens if you step on the grave and it falls in kind of scare. I was the President of an cemetery organization out in the country, and we had some very old grave sites that actually caved in. Sometimes when a grave was dug they would find bones because it was so old some of the wooden markers were gone. Then, there was always the risk of a critter jumping out at you. Fun card with the zombie hand too - I am going to go dig mine out and use it. Great cards. Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful backgrounds on these fabulous Halloween cards, Robin. Love your color combos!! I really like the scene on your first card with the grim reaper - so scary!

Karin said...

Your spooky cards are fantastic! I love the bright background colors and the graveyard scene is just spectacular!

Sue said...

I love, love, love the incredibly colorful backgrounds on both of these Robin! The black die cut on the second on is fantastic too! Excellent graveyard scene you've created to wonderful - love how you only did the dark colors along the edges to let the scene really pop!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are awesome, Robin! I love the rainbow of colors & your spooky die cuts are wonderful on the 2nd. Your graveyard scene is really terrific.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP