Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Neon Boo

>> Friday, October 19, 2018


by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! The big Trick or Treat Day is getting close! I wonder what the costumes of the year will be. Super heroes are always popular..ghosts are easy & witches are a good choice. Speaking of ghosts, I have a whole family of them on my Boo card.

I started out by white embossing the Ghost Boo  on black & tried coloring it in w/ neon pencils but it just wasn't doing it for me. So I stamped them on white & colored them in w/ fluorescent Copics then fussy cut out the black version (inside the white lines) & placed the white colored version behind the cut out. I added a neon pink layer behind it then embossed the Spider Webs & Ghost Family on a larger black panel using white ink & a bright pink powder. They show up really well! Makes me wish I had done it all in the pink powder.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics & powder I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!




Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs -  Ghost Boo Ghost Family Empty Spider Web (inside: Deco Halloween Greetings )
paper:  Staples 110# white, X-Press It white,  black, orange textured
ink:  Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Copic markers, Misti, MFT diagonal stitched rectangle dies, Rubbernecker stitched rectangle dies, Ranger magenta & white embossing powders



4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh I love those fun colors! Your boo is great and I LOVE the pink embossed ghost too!

nwilliams6 said...

The pink is so fun! Love all the ghosts and how you did the Boo, Julie. Super creative and fun card. Hugz

Sue said...

Love....the....PINK, Julie! Great idea cutting the inside of the Boo! and layering the awesome colors inside - great added dimension!

Shelia said...

Super cute card, Julia. I love the pink embossing & coloring on this fun card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP