Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Glittery Skull

>> Wednesday, October 3, 2018

When I first saw the new Scary Skull image, one of my first thoughts was how I could do it it in glitter.  I realized I would just need to layer it up to do it.  Once I had the skull done, I was stuck on how to showcase it until I saw THIS belt at Orvis. 

I did the bg panel by dragging some TH Distress Ink in Vintage Photo on some aluminum foil and splashing on some water.  I dipped my paper in it.  This ink always dries like leather - I love it.  Then I did some stitching around the edges.  I used Spellbinders dies (the oval, a label and a little piece from a set) to make the middle panel.  Then I took the scare level down a bit with a Hugz sentiment from the Hugs 4-in-1 Wording Stamp.   Actually, hubby says the hugz word makes it even scarier as who would want a hug from a skull.  LOL! 

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Very cool, Nancy! Creepy & pretty all at the same time. Love the bg & the glittered skull looks terrific.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh how cool is this, wow! Love your glittery skull, what a great card to send to someone for Halloween!! Great idea Nancy!

Shelia said...

Nancy, this is so cool! Love your glittery skull & your background is perfect for it!

Karin said...

I love the glittery skull and the ornate flourish looks amazing behind it! Super Halloween card, but I'm not to sure I want a hug from him...lol!!!

Sue said...

What a cool card! Love the silver glitter with the leather look paper and the scroll behind it all is awesome!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP