Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Flag

>> Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I have always loved Halloween.  Probably because my birthday is the day after, and my Mom was always very creative with out costumes (she could sew).  So, I love the new Halloween images we have in the store now. 

For this card, I used the new It's a Scream Halloween image on the front (inside I have the new Scary Skull and Deco Happy Halloween).  I used THIS fun flag as my inspiration - it was part of the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  I wanted my card to look like the flag was on the porch of one house looking over at a haunted house. 

Since my inspiration was a fun chalk skull flag with a black wood background, I white embossed our Wood Grain background image.  The inspiration flag had some scrolling flowers so I used the DRS Flower Scroll image on the side and bottom of the piece and embossed them too.  To make my background, I used the Silhouette Haunted House on my Ink, Spray, and Smash background (I used Tangerine ink from SU! mixed with a bit of Red Barn distress ink).  The skull is a Jolee's Sticker.  To get a spookier look, I sponged on some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Black Soot. 


Hope you are starting to get a bit cooler weather.  It is still very hot here and hard to think about sweaters, pumpkins, and costumes.

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Shelia said...

What a great Halloween flag you created, Nancy. I love it! Great details! I really like the white embossing on it. Super cute!

Karin said...

This is outrageously beautiful! It's like a piece of art I want to frame for the holiday!!! That skull on your creative embossed banner is just amazing and I love it all layered on the orange-y background scene!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fantastic, Nancy! Your bg is really awesome & I love the white embossed woodgrain. Very spooky & wonderfully vintage Halloween card!

Robin Clendenning said...

That is an amazing flag Nancy!! I love the grunge style you make and the pop out eyeballs are so creepy! They look like marbles in there!!! Everything is so cool and love the background too!

Sue said...

What an awesome flag Nancy! Not only the flag is wonderful, but I love your flagpole too! Great background too!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP