Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Side by Side

>> Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I hope you've been enjoying seeing all of the western/cowboy cards here on the blog, because I've enjoyed stamping and making them.  Even when things haven't gone as planned :)

I wanted to stamp the Cowgirl Line Dancer and Cowboy Line Dancer close together, so I stamped her first and then made a mask, covering her up and stamping him slightly on top.  Something didn't go right, so I tried again.  I changed up their position slightly and managed to not like the outcome again.  Sigh.  Never mind.  Instead of starting over with a new idea, I decided to used the top part of the couple only and made the following cards.

I chose an anniversary theme for this couple, stamping and layering up the Love is More Precious Greeting.  I dry embossed the background and added a piece of cardstock stamped using the Woodgrain Background stamp. 



I added a glittered up sunflower that was fussy cut from the
Polka Dot Flower Trio, just as an embellishment.

For this card, I used a circle punch on my couple, and stamped the background using the
 Western Word Square, adding a strip of embossed cardstock and a strip of glitter.  


I inked up the Howdy Pardner from the background stamp and used a speech bubble punch to make a greeting.  After completing these, I was so happy I was able to rescue my couples and make them into worthy cards.  

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


5 comments:

Sue said...

2 fun cards Karin! Love how you changed a negative into 2 positives!! Love the anniversary card - cute cactus background and the wood grain works perfectly with it! Fun spark-ily sunflower too! Fun colors on the boogie card! So cute that you added the speech bubble with the howdy pardner :)

Robin Clendenning said...

aw so cute and what a great idea to use only part of the image! puts the focus on how much fun they are having!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, some great romantic western cards. I really love both of them and how you saved your first attempts and were probably more successful than you thought. I love that sentiment you used on the first and your details on the second are awesome. Super fun and very well done cards. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Karin! I love just the partial pair like this. Hey, I'm w/ you on Plan B... & Plan C, etc. This is pretty much my life, lol. Love where you ended up w/ these.

Shelia said...

Great cards, Karin. I love how you used only part of the couple image on these. Very clever & cute. Great details & color combos!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP