Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Cowboy Cactus

>> Friday, August 3, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Unlike my desert scene here, we're still stuck in a rain, rain, rain pattern. Good news..the temps are only the low 70's but it's really only good weather if you're a frog or a fish. 

To make my desert scene, I stamped the new Cowboy Cactus ,masked it, then stamped the Broken Flower Fence  around it.  Makes it kind of look like the cowboys are out fixing the fence & left a hat & rope on the cactus. After coloring everything, I die cut it w/ a wonky stitched rectangle then added some clouds & a sunflower for the sun rays. The greeting is part of the Western Word Square & I used a wonky circle die to cut it.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories:  Misti, Copic markers, Gina Marie wonky stitched rectangles & circles dies, Serendipity sunflower die,  Spellbinders cloud dies




6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Great combination of images, Julie. I love your cute sun and the great stitching die cuts. This looks super happy and fun and trendy. Awesome card, my friend.

Shelia said...

Great scene you created on this beautiful card! Love the broken fence with this cactus image. Gorgeous coloring & details!

Sue said...

What a pretty, pretty card Julie! I love how you paired the cactus with the broken fence (and I'm a little mad at myself for not thinking of it :) Only problem is you've made the desert look way too appealing!!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the way you colored your cactus giving it ridges!!! I forgot what cactus really looks like since we don't have any around where I live! LOL! Beautiful scene with the barbed wire and fence post (I forgot about that one! It goes great and love your sentiment!

Karin said...

That fence is so perfect paired up with the cactus! I love the stitching along the frame and that great little sunny sentiment really makes it the perfect embellishment!

Samantha said...

There are so many things to love on this card. The stitching, the sun element, the images you chose. Oh, and that special element only a 'Julie card' has. It's beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP