Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Cowboy Boots

>> Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm loving these new stamps that DRS Designs has recently released!  All of them are just super fun, and using them, one can make cards that are both masculine and feminine.

I started off making a masculine card, by adding ink to my embossing folder and making a rustic woodgrain like background.  I added a strip of patterned paper made from the Western Word Square and attached it along with a punched border to the bottom of the card.  

Stamping the boot and hats, I changed direction and wanted my card to be more girl like, so I embellished the designs of the images with glitter after coloring the details red.  


Because of that red choice, I went with red for my base and also for the mats on my sentiment and image, which were attached with dimensional foam tape.

Here is a list of all the stamps used on today's card:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, this is fabulous. I love the bg papers you used and your boot, hats, and sentiment look wonderful. This is a GREAT card. Hugz

Shelia said...

Super cute card, Karin! I like the embossed background with the homemade dp - perfect background for your boot & hats.

Sue said...

What a perfect masculine card Karin - minus the glitter of course! Love how you inked up the embossing folder for the background as well as the stamped strip!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute card Karin! I like that g you made and the 2 panels with the hat accessory is very cool! Love the colors too!

Samantha said...

Awesome card, Karin! I love your fun layout and awesome western wear!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a terrific cowboy card, Karin! Love the bg w/ the boot & hats on the corners.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP