Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Hot Diggity Dog!

>> Saturday, June 9, 2018

Welcome!

A couple of weeks ago I told you I was on a mission to get a little more creative with our Floor image and today I have another one for you - a deck!



This was a fun card to make if you like the magic of masking.  Doesn't seem to matter how often I use a mask, I still get a little giddy when I remove it :)

I started my card by stamping our Grillin' Dude and his Faithful Friend next to him both using black ink.  I cut out a mask of each one (I didn't worry about the shish-kabob) and attached them to my card and stamped our Add A Fence across the back 3 times.  Then I cut out 3 masks of the fence, but I only cut the bottom on 2 of them and 1 was cut completely.  After attaching all 3 I stamped the Floor image.  Now it was time to color.

Coloring the sky was my biggest challenge.  Since I'm a big fan of sponging my skies, I left the man, dog and fully cut fence mask in place and sponged away.  I simply moved the fence mask as I reached each section of the fence.  Once that was done I used a combination of watercolor pencils and alcohol markers to finish my coloring.  I stamped the Diggity Dog greeting in the sky using blue ink and then layered my scene on black card stock and then a folded red card.  This could also make a great Father's Day card with a simple change of greeting :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Sue

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, this is a masking marvel. I love how well you combined the fence and floor to get a deck. Wonderfully done and the card is fabulous and fun!!! So well done.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

It makes the perfect deck, Sue! Have to warn you, though. That kinda looks like Hubs doing his bbq on the deck. He's not allowed to bbq on wood. Ask me what happened to our deck in a previous house.

Robin Clendenning said...

How cute, you are making the cutest cards with the floor! I love it as a deck!

Shelia said...

What a great deck you created! You are using that flooor image is such creative ways. I've got to try some of these! Super cute!

Karin said...

This is so incredible !!!! All that masking really paid off to make a fabulous scene! The deck is super creative and I love the addition of the cute little pup!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP