Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Caught a Bug?

>> Friday, June 22, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! And I hope your summer isn't spoiled by one of those summer colds or flu. But just in case..here's a card to hopefully make you feel better. 

I started by die cutting the long bg piece then placing the arrows in my Misti. I first stamped them on a plastic sheet so I could see where they'd be, then placed the white piece in the Misti & lined up where to stamp them, a bunch of times. I did it this way because it made it easy to restamp some of them when the solid arrows weren't dark enough, Then I colored them all in. I really wanted a cute car image (hint, hint! BIG HINT!) but didn't have one so I made one out of circle die cuts. After playing around w/ the sizes for a while, I ended up w/ this.  I cut out the window part to add the blue behind it then die cut more circles for the wheels.
I added some narrow black strips around the layers & drew in the little puffs of smoke. 

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used for all the arrows.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Caught a Bug?4 in 1 Arrows (inside - Caught a Bug Greeting)
paper: Staples 110# white, pine green
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Copic markers,  ODBD double stitched rectangles dies, Lil’ Inker stitched mats long & skinny dies, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A,  sm & lg circles dies,  Copic multiliner pen, white gel pen



5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Super cute Julie, I was thinking "how did I miss this car" then read your description and WOW! Can't believe you made this car! It is adorable!
LOVE all the arrows! Super cute colors and design! Love it and PS, I would love to see a couple cute cars too!!! Hey Sue.....

nwilliams6 said...

This card amazes me, Julie. I love the arrows and the sentiment. What a super fun card and super fun way to use these images. You are so talented! Have a great weekend! I vote for some fun cute cars too!

Shelia said...

Wow Julie, you did a great job creating that bug! Love it. Awesome way to use all those arrows too. Super cute card!

Sue said...

What an incredibly fun card Julie! What a great use of the arrows! Your car outshines everything though (hints received ladies :) I can't imagine even trying to construct something like that. I bow to the queen!!!

Karin said...

This is incredibly fun and creative! I love how colorful it is and your car is fabulous! Great overall design :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP