Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Piggy Grad

>> Friday, April 20, 2018


Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's getting to be that time of year..time for the Pomp & Circumstance march across the stage. I remember it well...mainly because I was in the band & played it for a lot of graduating classes! In the graduation spirit, I have a fun grad card today.

Normally, this pig image has a party hat along w/ a balloon but since I fussy cut him, I cut off the party hat. The small balloon was stamped again w/ lt blue ink, colored & fussy cut. All the other balloons were made by die cutting 2 sizes of balloons in a piece of copy paper & using the negative as a stencil. After I sponged the Distress inks thru the stencil I added some Wink of Stella to some of them. 
The greeting was stamped at the bottom & I used Copics to make the shadow underneath. A few grad caps & some drawn balloon strings & I was done!

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Birthday Party PigDream Big (insideBrush MortarboardBright Graduation Greeting)
paper: Staples 110# white, black
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks tumbled glass, broken china, cracked pistachio, spun sugar, shaded lilac, twisted citron, squeezed lemonade
accessories: Copic markers,  Spellbinders A2 modern stationery dies  Misti, small grad cap punch, ODBD Balloon dies (used as a stencil), Wink of Stella





6 comments:

Shelia said...

Love your Piggy Grad card, Julie! The balloons look awesome with their sparkle & shine. The graduate will love this!

Sue said...

Too cute Julie!! This little party pig really got a workout this week - great idea and execution add all the balloons. Awesome shading on the dream bog too - really makes it pop!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so cute Julie!! I love the colorful balloons and Leonard is always so cute The little grad hats are darling! Looks amazing with the 2 rounded corners too! Very cool!

nwilliams6 said...

One of my favorite cards ever with Leonard. Your creativity was over the top on this one, Julie. Super fun and super cute!!!

Karin said...

This card is just super fun! I love all the pastel balloons and the way Leonard is taking flight :) Your creative frame inside is a great surprise design element!

Samantha said...

What a great grad card! Nice work, Julie!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP