Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Fishing Rules!

>> Thursday, April 19, 2018

Good morning!
Well summer and Father's Day is also in our near future so I'm trying 
to think ahead... This first card could be for any occasion but it 
is most likely going to be for the guy in your life!!
DRS stamps used: Fishing Rules 315K and Jumping Fish 325L

This card uses lots of corrugated card stock both torn and painted 
and as a base layer.  I used white paint and green paint and also 
some copper Nuvo Mousse.
I also used some gauze (or cheesecloth) and rubbed it with
Tea Stain Distress Ink.  I applied matte paper adhesive
to the blue panel with a brush and pressed the gauze into it.  
After the adhesive dried I inked it and because some of the paper had 
adhesive on it, I got some really different results, happy accident
you might say.  It just goes with all the other guy elements.
My fish is fussy cut from the jumping fish scene.

This next card is a cute birthday card, with birds and that darling
sentiment.
The bird dies are from Elizabeth Craft.  I colored them to look like the DRS
stamp bird on the feeder,  I believe they are Nuthatch.
Everything else is pretty simple.

Hey, thanks for visiting today!
Robin


7 comments:

Donna W said...

Love your great cards! Thanks for sharing.

Karin said...

Both cards today are works of art! I love all the texture on your fishing card and the birdies you created to match the main image on the second are outstanding!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Robin! Your fishing card is awesome! Love the all the color & texture. And I adore your sweet little birds. So cute.

nwilliams6 said...

Great cards, Robin. I love, love, love that fishing card - love the rustic look and your netting. You do that sign so well! The bird card is super pretty. Super great ideas - you are so creative. Hugz

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Robin! Your coloring on the fish card is stupendous! The shading on the fish alone is just incredible! Love your bird card too - all the blue with the pops of yellow is just amazing!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous cards, Robin! Love how you colored that fish!

Samantha said...

Two stunning cards today, Robin! I love them both!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP