Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pink is for St. Pat's Day Too!

>> Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I wanted to use some non-traditional colors for St. Patrick's Day just to be a bit different.  I did some ink smooshing in pink on the base.  Once it was dry, I sponged on some design with a stencil.  The fun part was the corrugated cardboard.  I painted it green. and then added some gold microbeads and glitter.  I think it makes a fun backdrop to the Rainbow Gold Greeting.  

I started the image base by stamping the Dogwood Branch image and coloring up the flowers pink.  I stamped a few more and fussy cut them.  Next I stamped the Hat Full of Shamrocks a few times and colored up the shamrocks pink and green.  I fussy cut the hat and added it on the Dogwood image.  I stamped a few Shamrock Scrolls and fussy cut and added them as well. 
I love the pink and green together.  

Hope you are having a good week!

Hugz, Nancy

6 comments:

Donna W said...

Love your pink St. Patrick's Day card!

Shelia said...

Love your nontraditional St. Patty's Day card. Beautiful textures & design too.

Sue said...

Incredible bouquet Nancy! I never would have guessed that the dogwood branch would coordinate so will with the shamrocks! Love the pink too and I can't wait to get a close up look at your microbead background!

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous colors for your St. Pat's card Nancy!! I love the look of this wonderful card and the micro beads etc. fantastic!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Nancy! I love the pink flowers in w/ your clover. Your bg is fabulous & I love the little banners for the greeting.

Karin said...

So, so clever and creative!! I LOVE the addition of the flowers and the surprise of the pink and green color combo! Amazing and fun card share today!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP