Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easter Ducks

>> Friday, March 23, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! For a lot of us, this is turning into the Spring that almost was. Can you believe it? We had snow all day Wednesday here. The temp got up to about 33 so the snow was melting on the ground but still falling from the sky. Weird! Hard to believe March is on its way out. May have to change the saying to March comes in like a lion & goes out like a lion. 

For my Easter card today, the baby ducks were stamped, colored & die cut, and I had to do a little out of the box on the grass along the way. The large green bg started out white but I sponged Distress & Distress oxide inks onto it, splattered it & also stamped the Splatter Bg on it in blues, greens & finally white. The white splatter was heat embossed w/ white powder & I left an area at the bottom w/o too much on it so I could add the greeting. I was going for that speckled egg look on the bg. 
  Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, Neenah white, cornflower blue
ink: Memento tuxedo black,  Versafine onyx, Distress inks &/or Distress Oxide inks in cracked pistachio, blueprint sketch, evergreen bough, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Misti, white embossing powder, ODBD double stitched rectangles &  stitched ovals dies


6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh so funny!! Well great minds! I love your sweet duckies and your wonderful coloring of course!!! Your bg is amazing too! Beautiful highlighting on the "Easter" too!

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome, Julie. I love that speckled bg - super perfect for an Easter card (or any card). Great coloring on the image too. This is a wonderful card, my friend. So sorry about the snow! Maybe Spring will last a bit longer before Summer - one can only hope. HUgz

Sue said...

Beautiful Easter card Julie! Incredible background and coloring - I swear I can hear them chirping!! The white coloring in the greeting really makes it pop!
I can't believe you had the crazy snow too! It snowed here on and off for about 24 hours and 12 hours later we had less snow that when it started - bizarre!

Donna W said...

Such a sweet Easter card, love it! Thanks for sharing.

Shelia said...

Such a beautiful background, Julie. You definitely accomplished the robin egg look! Love this bright & cheerful Easter card.

Karin said...

The paper background framing the image is so amazing and your coloring is just fantastic! Super card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP