Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Shamrock Scroll

>> Saturday, February 17, 2018

Welcome!

I love bouncing from holiday to holiday with my card making and switching from the red and pink of Valentines to the green and gold of St. Pat's day is just so satisfying!




I started my card today by cutting a 3" square piece of white card stock and stamping our new Shamrock Scroll in each corner, then trimming the square to 2 7/8" and lightly sponging some lime green along the edges.  I colored the shamrocks with green marker and stamped our Tiny St. Pat's Day in the center using green ink then layering it on black cs.

For the green background I started with a 4" green piece of card stock and positioned our Celtic Knot in my Misti so I could stamp all 4 corners in the exact same place.  I used a white gel pen to add the dots inside the knot and thinking it was still a bit bare, I added black dots around the edges and then added white dots on top of the black and then layered all on a folded black card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Sue

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, the images are sooooo cool on this one. The design underneath is super interesting and detailed and the white dots add so much interest. A wonderful St. Pat's Day card!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Totally amazing making the scroll image into a square frame and then using the Celtic knot in the corners is brilliant! I Love your creative use for both!!! Why didn't I think of that!!! Dang! Beautifully done!

Shelia said...

Sue, this is such a pretty card! I really like the border you created with the new image. Great layout too.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Love this, Sue! Your scrolly shamrock looks so pretty as a border & love the bandana treatment of the green bg. Super St. Pat's card!

Karin said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the white accents you added to the knots and border, it makes everything stand out! And the colored up swirls around the sentiment make the perfect frame :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP