Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winter Wonderland

>> Saturday, November 25, 2017

Good morning!

My first card is an Easel Shaker card.
I have used DRS stamps: Snow Globe 368M, Penguin Snowball Blast 966K, North Pole Sign 518E, The Floor 360P and Say Hello At Christmas 1018F
I also used Memory Box snowflake dies, Lawn Fawn Cross Stitch Rectangle Dies, LifeStyle Circle Dies, acetate and (miscellaneous fillers for the shaker).
I stamped the globe and then cut the circle out TO THE STRAIGHT LINE. Masked and stamped the floor (which is more like a shelf in this case). The penguins are stamped and colored on a separate piece of card stock.
I glued the acetate to the back of my opening and then cut a piece of fun foam the size of my globe panel and cut a hole in it, glued it to the back of the acetate to pop my front up, filled the acetate part with snow stuff and then covered the hole with my penguin image to seal.  I mounted this sandwich to a piece of 4 1/4" X 5" white card stock and set aside while I made my easel base.
The white card stock is 4 1/4" X 10" scored and folded in half then the upper part is scored and folded in half again.  Attach the image panel to the folded in half upper section of the base.  Now work on the inside.


Stamp and die cut the sentiment and snowflakes.
Sponge color on the inside of the card and on the outside of the sentiment panel.
Use foam tape or Fun Foam to pop up the sentiment, this will act as a "stop" for your image panel.

This next card is sort of a long narrow card (size is 7" X 4 3/4").
I started by stamping the new Village Rocks/Pond Edge 356F, masked and then used a stamp aligner to position the Christmas Village Pond 105H.  I then used the aligner to stamp the Christmas Village Cabin 212G, masked and used the aligner to stamp the Pine Tree Snowdrifts 320H.

After my scene was complete I colored and glittered everything.  I stamped the new Poinsettia Vine Corner 381G with VersaMark and embossed with Silver embossing powder on the two upper corners.  I did not stamp the complete stamp so that it did not stamp on the bridge.  I stamped the kid part of the Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories 119D and did a reverse image as well on a separate piece of white scrap then fussy cut both and also stamped the sentiment From My House At Christmas 1045E on a piece of white scrap and die cut.

Now Thanksgiving is past and we are in full swing for Christmas.
I'm looking forward to seeing decorations on the streets and watching Christmas movies...how about you?
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

4 comments:

Karin said...

Your cards are always so incredible and detailed! You're a real artist and I just love the beauty of both the penguin shaker and winter scene!
Love the glittery snow and that winter sky!

Sue said...

2 Amazing cards Robin! Love the colors and coloring on the snow globe card and your Village Scene is incredible!

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, these are super awesome cards. I love the snowglobe with so much detail and beauty. A wonderful masterpiece. The snow scene on the second is amazing - so wish I would have created something like this. You are so imaginative and creative. Beautiful cards!!!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous cards, Robin. I really like that snow globe! Love the beautiful scene on the second one. Would love to be there right now!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP