Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Three Christmas Tags

>> Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I checked out Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas Challenge and I was instantly addicted.  I made three tags and would have made more if I wasn't putting up my Christmas tree!

For the tag above, I used part of the new Heartache at Christmas Greeting across my tree and I used the new Village Rocks/Pond's Edge under my tree to make a little nest for my Impression Obsession bunnies.  I used the negative space from a cut tree (Tim Holtz) and covered it with modeling paste and then gold micro beads, added some SU! wooden snowflakes, and then covered the whole thing with a sprinkling of Snowtex.  My tag base is a SU! die.
I die cut this tag using a Sizzix tag die.  I used the same TH die cut negative to sponge the trees in the background on this one, and then I took the die cut tree and covered it with modeling paste and gold micro beads.  I added an Impression Obsession small deer, some berries, ribbon, and cord plus.... you guessed it.....Snowtex.  The Peace sentiment is cut out of the new Deco Peace and Joy Christmas Greeting.

On this last tag, I used my favorite Christmas greeting: Christmas Especially to You.  I rolled up the edges of it to make a scroll.  The base of the tag is cut from a piece of a cardboard box but when I pealed off the backing, I left half of it and covered it with white acrylic paint and Snowtex to make my snowbank.  The deer is from Impression Obsession and it is covered in modeling paste and gold microbeads.  I also die cut some Tim Holtz Holiday foliage and added a bit of berry under the sentiment.

I decorated my tree and bought a few more presents so I am on track to being done before Thanksgiving.  I bought a new tree and all new ornaments and both my daughters helped me. I made a tree topper like THIS ONE, but I did mine with an outdoors/fishing/plaid theme.  While we decorated, we had lots of hot chocolate, Christmas music, and Christmas memory talk.  So I have had a special Christmas season treat already!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Karin said...

These tags are really spectacular! I just love all the textures and the festive sprinkling of snow! Two years ago I bought a roll of brown paper and said I would wrap all my Christmas gifts in that, adding different ribbons and handmade tags. Whelp, that same roll is in my closet, so thank you for the inspiration :)

Shelia said...

Nancy, you are the gift tag master! Wow, these are awesome! Love the designs, all the texture, the micro beads, & snow. Beautiful!!!

Sue said...

Is it an insult or a compliment to say a hand crafted item looks store bought???
I mean it in the most complimentary way when I say these look exactly like gift tags I could pick up at Home Goods!! Great job Nancy!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Nancy, love all the tags with the micro beads on them! I love the painted card board as well!! I need to use more of that! Very cool!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP