Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Thanksgiving to You

>> Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'm still working on making some Thanksgiving cards and this one was pretty simple to stamp.  Looking at the card, I think I was influenced by the fact that our leaves haven't been brightly colored this year, and there are still a ton of green leaves yet to turn.  I believe the warm weather is the cause, and it's because of that, I'm not complaining :)

I began by stamping the card base with the Open Leaf in a yellow-gold ink.  Originally when I started, this was going to be one layer, and I stamped the Deco Happy Thanksgiving to You along the bottom, but as it sometimes happens, I ended up with a smear.  I wasn't going to be deterred, and stamped it again using my dies to make the layered sentiment that covers up the boo boo.  You know what they say?  There are no accidents, only a chance for embellishment!    


I then made a border for the top using the Script Font Background stamp and a border punch, finishing it with a couple of die cut leaves and some ribbon.  

Hope you're having a happy day!
Karin


4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, this is beautiful! I love the bg leaves and that top border and leaf are amazing. So elegant and beautiful!!!! Love it!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Karin! Those giant leaves in the corner are perfect!! Love the scallop border at the top too!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh such pretty die cut leaves as embellishment and I love the "cuff" with the scalloped edge and print, wow, that is so pretty! Beautiful Thanksgiving card!

Shelia said...

Karin, I really like this card. Those die cut leaves really tie it all together! Hope you are getting all your Thanksgiving cards created. I too am way behind! I just mailed Halloween cards to my grandkids today! Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP