Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Fall Cards

>> Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of fall cards to share with you today, both showing off my love of making my own backgrounds.  It's so satisfying to be able to customize anything that I want to make, and DRS Designs has a whole range of stamps for all my crafty needs :)

I began by making a leaf background using the Medium Silhouette Leaf stamp in a range of autumnal shades.  I also had the Silhouette Branch Background stamp on my table from the card I made last week, so I stamped a strip of coordinating colors and added a matching ribbon before adhering it to my card.  

I stamped and die cut the new Deco Happy Thanksgiving to You Greeting and attached that with some dimensional tape, embellishing it with the Classic Turkey stamp that was colored and fussy cut. 


It was easy to keep going, so I used the same Leaf again, making just a strip of patterned paper this time.  I added a punched border and placed that on an embossed background of fall themed words.  


And since my dies were handy too, I used the same for my stamped Give Thanks Greeting.  

Happy October!
Karin



5 comments:

Sue said...

These are wonderful Karin! I love the bright fall leaves, especially combined with the embossing folder!

Janett said...

Oh Karin Your background are lovely and the layout is perfect with them. The turkey is colored to perfection.

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, these are beautiful Thanksgiving cards Karin! I love the colors of your leaves!! Your turkey is so cool on the first one and that border die is wonderful on the second card!!

nwilliams6 said...

I love the leaves! Great colors and combination - totally makes the cards pop. The turkey card is so fun and the second card is so pretty with the embossing and border. Wonderful card, Karin! Super festive and some great ideas.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are really super, Karin! Love the colors and layering on your turkey card & your leaves strip on the second is wonderful between the black borders & embossed gold layers.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP