Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swing!

>> Monday, June 5, 2017


Hi Everyone. My card today is a retirement card. I know my husband would like nothing more than to be swinging on the golf course when he retires and that gave me the idea for this card.

I started by stamping the silhouette male golfer onto white CS with Versafine Onyx ink. I used my Misti so I could get a good impression, heat embossed him with clear EP and then fussy cut him out.. I used my Misti again to stamp the Everything Golf background image onto the green CS using Verafine Onyx. Both of these panels were glued onto a black panel and then attached to the white card base. The Swing greeting (191D) was stamped with Versafine Onyx ink, die cut and layered onto black CS before attaching it to the main panel. Some black half pearls complete the look.

It doesn't show up in the picture, but I added some glossy accents to the green tee on the green panel. It does add some dimension in real life.

Inside I stamped the new Happiness retirement greeting (163G) and added a stamped and fussy cut blue golf tee.


Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, love the happy colors on this fab retirement card. Super sketch and I love how you combined the images. Perfectly done! Hugz

Sue said...

Fun card in one of my favorite color combos Shelia! You did a perfect job of fussy cutting the golfer too!

Janett said...

Great card Shelia, love the colors.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love that sentiment with the golfer!! Perfect! This is so cool, love the words as a panel in your layout!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So fun, Shelia! Love the bright aqua w/ the hot lime..they really make the black stand out. that's some fancy fussy cutting, too!

Karin said...

The bright colors make this super fun and I love the embossing on the golfer! Great inside too :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP