Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mermaid Picture

>> Friday, June 16, 2017

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! School has been out for a couple of weeks & summer is in full swing around here. In our house hunting ventures, I've seen more campers, boats & RV's on the road than you can shake a stick at. Can't you just hear all the kids in all the cars.."Are we there, yet?" I grew up in a beach town on the Gulf Coast of Texas & we practically lived on the beach in summer. My dad & granddad used to keep us busy by telling us we could dig to China if we kept at it. It's a wonder I didn't disappear into a big hole. Never got there, but I sure dug some monster holes!

My little Mermaid wannabe has already reached her destination on the beach. She has a well built  Sandcastle behind her, the Sun up above & a mermaid tail in front of her. Life is good! I stamped her onto some sand colored card stock then used Prismacolor pencils to color her. On the background, I stamped the sun & sandcastle w/... (wait for it).... desert sand ink and very lightly colored them w/ Prismas. When pretty much everything but the little girl is sand colored, stamping it on sand colored c/s makes it pretty easy. 
Here's a look at the inside.
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, sand
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, desert sand
accessories:  Misti, Prismacolor pencils, stitched rectangle dies


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is so fun! Love that you did everything in sand but the actual focus image. All your images are wonderfully combined to make a super fun beach card. Lucky you getting to grow up on the coast! I spent a few years on the Florida coast but I was too young to remember it much - darn! Happy Friday. Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Julie. I really like that you stamped this on sand colored CS! Great coloring to make your little mermaid stand out!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ha! Too funny, we used mostly the same stamps but we have two way different cards! I love that! I love your mermaid girl front and center. Very cute card!

Janett said...

Your card is beautiful Julie, love the soft look.

Sue said...

Very Beachy Julie!! Love the sand on sand look - and how you put the sentiment behind the mermaid girl!

Karin said...

I love the soft background!!! What a cool effect for the sweet little image! Great card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP