Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tied in Knots Valentine

>> Thursday, February 9, 2017

Welcome!!

As I type this we are preparing for a HUGE snowstorm!  Cross you fingers for me that we get the 18 inches they're talking about!  It just isn't a true winter without one good storm!

I have a Valentine to share today!  There was a bit more cutting than I planned, but I really wanted the hearts to be 2 color.



I started by stamping our Small Silhouette Heart using black ink, staggered, across the upper middle of my card.  Next I took a row of the small hearts from our Heart Drops stamp and stamped it above each silhouette heart in black ink.  I stamped the small silhouette heart on scrap card stock  using red ink 7 times and cut each one cutting off the dots and then gluing the red hearts on top of the black ones already on my card.
After stamping the Amazing Valentine greeting, coloring, cutting and layering it, it was looking a bit lost on my card so I did a bit of thinking and remembered some very cool knot tying I had seen on pinterest and decided to give it a shot.  I found the black cord hanging around in my desk and while it's probably a bit too thin it worked easy enough.

 Here's the instructions I followed to make my knot.

Thanks for stopping by!~
Sue


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, this is a sweet Valentines card. Love all the hearts and that pop of black. This sentiment works with so many images - super versatile. Hugz

Janett said...

Oh Sue I hope you get your snow. Your card is beautiful and I love the black knot.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love that great knot Sue!! Fun Valentine with the hanging hearts and fun greeting!!

Karin said...

Very cool idea to get that black dotted outline around the hearts! Worth all the time it took and that little knot is the cutest!

Shelia said...

What a cute Valentine! Great idea to stamp the hearts in black first. I like that look!

Did you get your snow? We got an inch here, then it warmed up big time. This has been one crazy winter!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is fabulous, Sue! I love all the heart drops w/ the larger red hearts on top. Your knot tying is wonderful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP