Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Easter

>> Monday, February 20, 2017

It has been unseasonable warm here these past several days and that has inspired me to get started on Easter cards. I recently saw a video on You Tube by Jennifer McGuire where she used toile as a window on her card. I really liked the look and decided to give it a try.


I started with the blue panel and die cut a square large enough for the bunny. I then die cut the same square on the white card base. Next the white toile was attached to the card base with strong adhesive and then the blue panel. I did use another nestie square to emboss the frame around the opening before attaching it to the card base.

The bunny was stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and then I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer and sparkle. While the Wink of Stella dried, I stamped another bunny and fussy cut him out, then I cut the colored bunny. Using score pal tape I attached the colored bunny to the front of the card, tucking him in between the toile and the blue frame. The other bunny was attached on the inside of the card so he lined up perfectly. This way the tape doesn't get stuck on the inside of the card when you close it. You could stamp a mirror image, color, fussy cut and attach it so the bunny is colored on both the inside and out. Since I don't have much luck with mirror images, I left mine plain.

Once the bunnies were attached, I stamped the Happy Easter greeting with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Here's a picture with the card opened just a bit.


This next card uses the same technique only with a  smaller image attached in the middle of the toile so it looks like it's floating. I really like this one.


I used a different bunny image, colors and die cut. Other than that, it's the same. I'll be doing a few more of these for my grandkids for Easter. Here's another picture of this one sort of opened. It does look like the bunny is floating, doesn't it?




Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

These are incredible Shelia!! I love the CAS look to start with, and these windows are perfect! The bunny on the pink does look like he's floating - and loving it!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are soooo cute, Shelia! I love the tulle overlay in your windows. I have tons of that stuff & always forget to use it.Love all the different colors & bunnies.

nwilliams6 said...

Some cute bunny cards here, Shelia. Great techniques too. Awesome ideas and now I am ready for Easter! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Your bunnies in the frames are so darling!!! I love the blue one with the big bunny, he is amazing!

Karin said...

How cute! All those bunnies are super sweet in the toile windows! What a great idea to add texture and surprise to what would otherwise be CAS cards...Love!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP