Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Baby, it's cold outside...

>> Thursday, January 5, 2017

Welcome and Happy 2017!!!

You might think I'm a bit crazy to say that my card today was a walk on the wild side for me.  For years I've seen a ton of cards made by adventurous stampers who used "crazy" colors for snowflakes and while I loved so many of them I can't recall ever being so bold as to use any other color except white, silver or blue.  Kinda sad really :)


Well, not anymore!




I started my card by sponging on a hot pink and lavender inks on a piece of white card stock.  I then took a wet wipe and streaked the colors from the center to the outsides in a starburst pattern (which is a bit hard to see in the photo)  and set that aside to dry while I stamped Mr. Snowman on another piece of card stock and gave him a snappy lilac and pink hat and scarf and fussy cut him.

After the background paper had dried I stamped our Snowflake Background stamp using the same pink and lavender inks.  I stamped the Baby it's Cold Outside in lavender ink on white and sponged the edges with pink and  layered it all together on a lilac folded card and added a bit of liquid pearls to the frost lines on the sentiment and in the corners.

I have to say, I'm liking my walk on the wild side and can't wait to try again!

Thanks for stopping by!
Sue

6 comments:

Janett said...

Oh Sue love the bold colors, you made a beautiful card.

Karin said...

The color is fantastic and the snowman is adorable!

Shelia said...

Oh I like the bright colors on this. It's a great card with the colors and fun snowman!

I'm like you, though Sue, I rarely go with those wild colors, but I do love it when someone else does. Maybe I should give it try sometime.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the pink and lilac! Makes a very pretty snowy card. Love that snowman and new sentiment too - so appropriate for the winter storm watch so many of us are under right now. I need to try the baby wipe technique - love how your bg came out. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness, this pink and white is so darling!!! I love that sentiment with this cute guy!
Such a cute card Sue!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Yep..that's some hot pink, lol. The bg looks wonderful w/ shades of pink & purple & all the snowflakes scattered around. That pink hat will surely get noticed in a field of snow!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP