Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Silent Night

>> Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hi Everyone,

Growing up I attended a German speaking church and Silent Night was always sung there on Christmas Eve.  To this day it remains one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time;  So to pay homage to that memory, I chose the Christmas Village Church to pair up with the greeting that is the beginning of that song.

I stamped and colored the image, adding some glitter glue to enhance the snow.  While that was drying, I stamped the background paper with Interlocking Snow Background in Versamark and embossed in shiny white embossing powder. 

 I stamped the Silent Night Greeting along with the All is Calm Christmas Greeting, and dry embossed on top of it using a snowflake embossing folder.  I added that to the background and covered up the seam with a piece of lace. 

Once the image was dry, I die cut it added a few matching layers and adhered it using dimensional tape.

Thanks so much for visiting and may all things be calm and bright for you!
Karin

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, this is beautiful! What a great idea for the church image - this totally makes it stand out and makes for a peaceful feeling. Very pretty!!! Hugz

Shelia said...

Karin, this is so beautiful! I love the little village church paired with the Silent Night greeting.

Sue said...

Perfect pairing of stamps Karin! Love how you stamped the 2 greetings offset from each other to match the individual stamps. The snowflakes are the perfect background too!

Robin Clendenning said...

So pretty Karin, I love that silvery sky!! Your snowflakes are beautiful and the little church is just right!!

Janett said...

Perfect card Karin, the background is perfect with the little church.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Lovely Christmas card, Karin! Love the white snowflakes & little steepled church in the circle.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP