Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Calm Blue Night

>> Friday, December 16, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Are all of your Christmas cards mailed & presents sent? Me too. NOT! Most of the cards have been mailed but not all of the presents have been sent. I tell you, having this awful cough that just won't go away has really set me back. My temp is on the rise again so I'm pretty sure it's off to the Dr. for me. I sure hope you all have managed to avoid this mess. 

So as I mentioned last week, my remaining cards need to be on the quick side. After die cutting the front white panel, I made an arched frame for the window in order to have the dk blue show thru. I stamped the splatter bg in the opening w/ the white ink then added some stickles for sparkle. The light string was stamped w/ gray & lightly colored & the greeting stamped in black below it. The die cut trees were added w/ a little more stickles.

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs –- All is CalmLight StringSplatter Bg  (inside – Joys of Christmas )
paper: Staples 110# white, navy blue
ink: Memento tuxedo black, gray flannel (summer sky used on inside), Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Copic markers, Misti, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A dies, MFT Stitched Arch die, IO deer & trees dies, ODBD pierced rectangle die, stickles





6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, I am sorry you are still sick. Hoping you get better soon.

Love your card! The colors are wonderful and I love your snow and the soft way you colored up the lights. Beautiful work as always! Hugz and go to the dr!!!!

Shelia said...

This is so pretty & peaceful! Love all the shades of blue. Hope you are feeling better!

Karin said...

Sick or well the cards you make are always the best! This is stunning! I love the blue strand of lights and the wintery die cut scene! I hope you feel better soon :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh gosh Julie, I'm right there with you...ending 6 weeks of Bronchitis and still not well!! I hope you feel better soon sweet friend!
I LOVE this card! I love those arches (finally got some) and I love the blue deer snow scene you created to go in/with them! This is really beautiful!

Sue said...

What a beautiful, peaceful Christmas card! Love the window! I'll take your word for it that's this is easy - sure doesn't look it :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Janett said...

Just beautiful, O love the glow around the lights.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP