Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Merry Berry Tree

>> Friday, November 11, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Thanksgiving is just around the corner...Yikes! Better get my baking hat on. Somewhere along the line, I was awarded the baking job for the family. Sheesh..you make a couple of pies that they like and it's your job for life! I don't really mind. Thanksgiving & Christmas are really the only times I ever bake anything. All I can say is, they all better bring their fat pants, lol. 

So today, I'm going to jump right past Thanksgiving & on to Christmas. This is such a cute little Berry Tree & w/ the proper eyeglasses (that's probably just me..I have terrible eyesight), easy to color. After stamping it & coloring, I added a narrow red frame. For the larger background, I stamped one part of the Scroll Corner Tile w/ a Kaliedacolor greens ink pad, using mostly the darker end of the spectrum. A larger dk green mat was attached behind it. For the greeting, I used the Tombow marker to ink just the word Christmas & stamped it, adding the die cut red Merry above it & the other part of the Scroll Corner tile on either end. 
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!





5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

So pretty Julie! I love the forest green and red! Love your bg for the pot. Speaking of pot, your coloring is amazing!

Donna Whitten said...

Wonderful card!

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous colors and designs and coloring! Love this card. I am going to have to remember to use that scroll stamp more - I love it. Making pies is an art and I have never mastered it so I am jealous you are so good at it. One day I am going to really sit down and try to improve my skills in making them (every Grandmother should be able to make pies). Many hugz

Sue said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Julie! Love how you colored/shaded the berry tree! You made a perfect background too - great idea using it for Christmas!

Shelia said...

What a great idea to use the scroll stamp as a background image. Looks great on this beautiful card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP