Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Give Thanks Pumpkin

>> Friday, November 4, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Sigh...it's been a repair & replace week around here. Seems nearly every plumbing feature in our house decided to give up. First one bathroom, then another, then the kitchen sink. On top of the time (like 4 days worth) it took to repair/replace them, there was the time spent waiting on the right parts to arrive, moving everything out from under the sink & cleaning up the inevitable leaks. We pretty much had water everywhere...except where we need it. OUTSIDE! We haven't had any rain in over a month & we're getting pretty desperate. We're still waiting on the fall weather, too. What's up with this endless summer?? I have sweaters I want to wear, lol! 

To make my Thanksgiving card, I die cut a white rectangle just big enough for this lovely Give Thanks Brush Pumpkin, put it into my Misti, then stamped it 2 or 3 times (to get good coverage) using a Kaleidacolor autumn leaves ink pad. I added a dk rust colored layer then took another stitched rectangle,  brayered it w/ the same ink then split it apart to frame the outer corners underneath. 
For the two stitched squares on the left, I stamped the Open Leaf w/ rusty hinge, the Silhouette Leaf on top w/ a combo of marigold & honey, then masked them & stamped the Splatter w/ the autumn leaves ink over the top. I sponged the edges to give them a little depth.

Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & don't forget to go vote on Tuesday!

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110# white, X-Press It white, rust
Ink: Distress Ink dried marigold, wild honey, rusty hinge, Kaleidacolor autumn leaves
Accessories:   Misti,  stitched rectangle dies, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A dies, double stitched squares dies, Ranger brayer


6 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card Julie - inside and out! So colorful and I love the splatter background!!

Donna W said...

Love your fabulous fall card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Such pretty colors Julie! Love that bright orange!! Don't ya just love those Kaleidacolor pads???
Love that splatter stamp!
So funny, my card tomorrow uses some of the same stamps but looks totally different!! I love your bright happy card much better...more my style than the one I did.
Love it!!

Shelia said...

Great card, Julie. So many cool details!

nwilliams6 said...

Great sketch, colors, and details. This is a stunning card! Hugz

Karin said...

This is super pretty! The white makes the beautiful colors pop and I love the layout of the card too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP