Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Leafy Journaling

>> Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This time of the year, I can't get enough leaves!  Where I live, there are mainly pine trees so I get so excited when I see an orange, red, or yellow spot in between them.

Today, I am sharing a corner bookmark I did for my journaling Bible.  This Open Leaf image worked perfectly with Isaiah 64:6. 



Hope you can see the shimmer on my leaf.  I sponged on some SU! inks and then used pearl powders over Gel Matte Medium.  I apologize for the picture quality but we are cleaning and rearranging our entire house and the top of the stove was the only free spot to take this picture.  IRL this leaf is gorgeous!  I am showing our Bible Journaling class this technique as a way to highlight a verse you may have actually already journaled or for a page you want to get to fast. 

If you would like to make the fold I used HERE is the video tutorial I used. This creation also fits the DRS Designs Autumn Wonders Challenge (today is the last day so hurry I if you want to play).

Many hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Cook book marker Nancy!! I love this idea! Beautiful work!

Janett said...

What a great ideal Nancy, and your leaves are always so beautiful.

Karin said...

I love all the colors on your gorgeous fall leaf! Great project!

Sue said...

I love those corner bookmarks and yours is beautiful! Love the shading/coloring on the leaf!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a lovely idea, Nancy! I always lose my bookmarks but this looks like it would stay in place. We're starting to see some fall color here. Luckily, I'm in a hilly area & surrounded by hardwoods so if the cool weather holds, it should be brilliant.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP