Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Beachy Birthday

>> Saturday, June 25, 2016

Good Morning!
Here is another beach theme easel card done in pastel shades.

DRS Stamps: 768L Brush Beach Sunrise, 450C Adirondack Chair, 473F 4 in 1 Shells, 480G Beach Birthday 
 I was thinking of stamping the sentiment over a light image of the beach but thought it would still be too busy so I opted for the easel card.
I stamped my scene and colored with Copics then stamped the shells all over two other pieces and colored the outside parts and die cut all layers with pierced/stitched rectangle dies.  I added three brown "holes" (from a regular sized hole punch) for some fun coconuts.  I stamped more shells, colored, cut out and then poured Glossy Accents on them for my corners.
My inside sentiment with shell border is double popped up to make a good catch for my card front to rest against.
For those of you who haven't ever made an easel card, I am including a pattern...they are VERY easy to make.
You will just need a card front to glue to just half of the card front (the second score line acts like a hinge for your card front).
You can also make an easel card with the vertical format by following this pattern.
Hope this helps!  Go try it out!
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you get to go relax at a beach somewhere this summer.
Robin


4 comments:

Karin said...

This card makes me want to go on vacation! Love the colors and the fact that it's an easel card! It's a little display of art and a card all in one :)

Shelia said...

What a cute card! I really like the purple color & the easel design!

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, this is a great card - so much going on, some great colors, and wonderful use of images. Makes me want to go to the beach even more than I already do! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful card, Robin! You always do such great easel cards. Love the colors on your beachy scene & all the shells in the bg.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP