Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Sunshine Balloons

>> Friday, April 15, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff


Happy Friday!
Or not...it's Tax Day..so maybe not so happy. Personally, I don't know anyone who smiles all the way to the post office (or computer, if online) to file their tax return..even if they are getting a refund. Taxes just aren't fun. Most folks would rather have a root canal! I used to have to do a lot of tax/pre-tax work for the law firms I worked for. I'm like, yeah...just poke my eyes out now w/ a hot fireplace poker & be done with it. 

So today, I'm sending you a little sunshine, to hopefully make you feel a little better. I just love these cute little hot air balloons & they are so fun to color. This also continues yesterday's Challenge..I have 2 balloons, 2 colors, 2 layers. I put the balloon in my Misti, stamped w/ Memento, colored w/ Copics then over stamped w/ Versafine. I also did 1 extra center section for both balloons to pop up. I already had the stitched white square so I die cut a slightly larger black layer for it & used a piercing tool to add the little windy swirls around the balloons.
For the background, I sponged the blue from the upper left corner in & the orange from the lower right in, directly on the card front. Yikes! I hardly EVER do that..I can count on 1 hand how many times I colored or stamped directly on a card front, & have fingers left over! I'm such a klutz, it's like a recipe for disaster w/ me. But somehow, I lucked out this time & even managed to stamp the greeting w/o totally flubbing it. I just kept telling myself, "it's only paper, it's only paper". 

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Hot Air Balloon, Sending Sunshine, (inside - Sunny Day Birthday )
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx, Distress inks tumbled glass & spiced marmalade
paper: Staples white, X-Press It white, black
accessories: Copic markers, Stitched Rectangle dies, Misti, ODBD Stitched squares & squares dies, sequins, piercing tool


6 comments:

Karin said...

A gorgeous color combo on this card today! Love the detail of the pierced swirls and sweet little sequins too :)

Donna Whitten said...

Such a pretty card!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the coloring & especially like Hot Air Balloons. There is an annual Hot Air Balloon Festival here in Sept that I enjoy goinf to seeing & photographing the Hot Air Balloons. Not been to it every yr & it has been awhile since going so perhaps I'll go this yr. Have a BEE-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Janett said...

love the the way you sponged the background the colors are perfect. Beautiful card.

nwilliams6 said...

This is soooo wonderful! The colors are so perfect and your shading at the bottom is genius. I feel so inspired by everything you did on this card! Many hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

I love this balloon card! It is so pretty and colorful and I love the sunset/sunrise colors on the card base below!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP